Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
By registering or taking part in this prize draw, all persons participating (the “Participants”) agree to be bound by these prize draw Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
The prize draw is organized by Abu Dhabi Finance PJSC having its registered address at 7th Floor, Aldar HQ Building, Al Raha Beach, Abu Dhabi. P.O. Box 107616, United Arab Emirates (“ADF”).
The prize draws will be carried out each quarter in 2017.
How does the prize draw work?
- Participants are only eligible for this Prize Draw if the Participant is (i) an existing customer of ADF; (ii) meets the eligibility criteria set out in these Terms and Conditions; and (iii) has received an email from ADF.
- The eligibility criteria of Participants is that the Participant (i) must be aged 21 and above as at the start of the Promotional Period (ii) is not prohibited in any manner by any person, entity, authority or law anywhere in the world from participating in the prize draw; (iii) is not an employee of ADF any advertising agencies engaged by ADF or an immediate family member of an employee of ADF; and (iv) is not in default or delinquent on any loan and/ or facility(ies) from ADF before or during the Promotional Period or on the date of the draw. By opting to participate in the prize draw, each Participant represents and warrants that he or she has met the eligibility criteria set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Participants must send a text message to 4963, following the mandatory format specified in the email sent by ADF at the time of launch of the prize draw. Only a correctly submitted SMS in the prescribed format will be acceptable for entry in the prize draw by ADF. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. Proof of submission is not a proof of receipt. ADF is not responsible for any lost entries.
- Participants shall participate in the prize draw on his/her own account and shall be an eligible Participant as set out in these Terms and Conditions and shall not submit entries or participate on behalf of other persons.
- Where prizes contain a specified validity period during which it should be utilized, no requests for extensions or replacements whatsoever will be entertained.
- There will be a single winner with a cash prize of AED 10,000
- The winners will be randomly selected through a draw management system under the supervision of the Department of Economic Development, Abu Dhabi.
- The winners will be contacted through an SMS on the registered mobile numbers maintained in the ADF system and by email. It is the responsibility of the Participant to ensure that the details that ADF hold on file are up to date and current.
- Prizes will be delivered to the mailing address that ADF maintains on file for the Participant. It is the responsibility of the Participant to ensure that the details that ADF hold on file are up to date and current.
- In the event that the prize is a holiday or flight tickets, the Participant understands and agrees that:
- Each holiday prize is non-transferable, subject to availability and not convertible into cash.
- The Participant will be disqualified if the Participant does not possess a valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity and/or is restricted from travelling due to visa restrictions.
- The Participant is responsible for obtaining adequate holiday travel insurance, at the Participant’s expense.
- The Participant must comply with all airline, other transportation and venue requirements, rules and regulations and with any additional condition imposed by a provider, including but not limited to all health and safety instructions and all applicable legal requirements.
- The Participant is not entitled to or authorized to commit us to any holiday contract, expense or cost.
- The Participant is responsible for all costs associated with any delay or repatriation expense the Participant experiences due to the Participant being unable to obtain a right of entry to the prize holiday destination.
- The Participant must have sufficient financial resources to meet all costs that the Participant incurs in connection with the holiday prize beyond that that will be awarded by us.
- The Participant is responsible for obtaining any inoculation, health regulation or visa requirement required for the prize holiday destination, at the Participant’s expense.
- All winners will be required to comply with any formalities required by the Department of Economic Development, Abu Dhabi and ADF, which may include but is not limited to signing a prize acknowledgment form and providing ADF with a copy of such form. Prizes will only be released upon our receipt of a copy of the form, together with a scanned copy of the winner’s EID, passport, visa and other supporting documentation that ADF may request. The award of prizes shall be subject to verification to the full satisfaction of ADF.
Other legal provisions
- The prize draw winners name will be published on ADF’s website, Facebook and other social media pages and the Participant agrees to this publication. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their name and photograph in such publicity.
- Any prizes unclaimed within 30 days of the winner being notified by email and SMS of the win will be conclusively forfeited and such forfeiture shall be dealt with at ADF’s discretion, including a redraw, or election to determine another winner in accordance with the prize draw selection mechanism set out in clause 9 of these Terms and Conditions and in accordance with applicable laws.
- ADF has the right at any time to, and without notice, substitute any prize with another prize of similar value as determined by ADF. Prizes won are given out on an ‘as it is’ basis, and are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. All warranties and representations in connection with the prizes are expressly excluded to the extent not prohibited by law.
- ADF has the right to modify the Terms and Conditions including the prizes and eligibility to enter into the prize draw and may cancel, postpone or undertake a re-draw at any time at its sole discretion.
- All Participants by participating in the prize draw agree and undertake to be bound by and subject to these Terms and Conditions. Participants who do not comply with the Terms and Conditions shall be disqualified.
- ADF has the right to disregard or disqualify any Participant, in such manner as ADF deems fit, without giving notice or reason, and without any liability to any person. In particular, a Participant shall not, or procure another person to, (i) tamper with the operation of the prize draw or the relevant website, (ii) participate in the prize draw in any manner which may create any prejudice to or anomaly in the scoring system or operation of the prize draw; and/or (iii) breach these Terms and Conditions or any other applicable law or regulation.
- ADF, alone shall determine a Participant's qualification for the prize draw under the Terms and Conditions and any decision made by ADF shall be final, binding and conclusive.
- Participants agree that ADF and its affiliated companies and or contractors may collect, use and disclose the Participant’s personal data for the purposes of sending correspondence on products and services, consumer research, promotional and marketing purposes, for the management and administration of the prize draw and to verify if the Participant qualifies for the prize. Furthermore ADF and its affiliated companies, business units and contractors may share the Participant’s personal data for administrative purposes, in some cases, this may involve the storage, use, disclosure or other processing, or transfer of the personal data out of UAE. ADF may also share Participant’s personal data with third parties to carry out cross-promotions.
- ADF will not be liable (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss or damage arising out of organizing or holding the prize draw or as a result of the Participant’s participation in the prize draw or as a result of the Participant winning, collecting, use or enjoyment of any prize, or if the prize draw does not run as planned. This clause does not seek to exclude the liability of ADF for (a) death or personal injury caused by their negligence; (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and/or (c) any other matter for which it would be unlawful for them to exclude or attempt to exclude ADF’s liability.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the UAE as applied by the courts of Abu Dhabi and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Abu Dhabi.