We understand and appreciate that you, as visitor to this website, are concerned about your privacy and the confidentiality and security of information we may gain about you online.
This Privacy and Security Statement sets out how information that you may give to us when you use this website will be treated. Please read this Privacy and Security Statement carefully to understand how we use and protect the information that you provide to us as you access and interact with the website.
References to “us” or “we” in this Privacy and Security Statement means Abu Dhabi Finance pjsc.
By accessing any part of this website or providing any information to us you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your information on the terms set out in this Privacy and Security Statement.
We reserve the right to revise or supplement this Privacy and Security Statement from time to time at our sole discretion and you agree to revisit this page regularly to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version. By continuing to access or use this website you will be agreeing to any such changes.
If you are a customer of Abu Dhabi Finance pjsc, details of the information we collect and how we use it will also be set out in the terms and conditions of the product or service which we provide to you. In the event of a conflict between this Privacy and Security Statement and the terms and conditions of your specific product or service, the terms and conditions of your specific product or service will take precedence.
Information we collect from you
We may collect two types of information from users of the website:
- Personal Information provided voluntarily by you when you register as a customer with us online, when you make a request for service, complete a survey, update your information, or otherwise input text or values into the website. Such information may include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, user name, date of birth, and contact preferences.
- General Information that identifies the computers or devices you use to access the website, the manner by which you use them and your usage activities on our website. This general information does not identify you personally, and may include information such as your IP address, the date and time you access the Website, length of time you spend on the website, your browsing history, and location information.
When personal information is collected from you (for example through online forms or via email etc) we generally let you know at the time of collection how we will use that personal information. We may also use the information you provide or which we collect via this website (including your personal information) for the purposes of:
- providing you with services which you have requested and notifying you about important changes or developments to these services;
- updating our records about you;
- crime detection, prevention and prosecution;
- responding to your inquiries and complaints or to process your requests in relation to your information;
- administering offers, competitions and other promotions;
- evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing and for research, training and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services; and
- making this website easier for you to use and providing you with access to certain parts of this website.
We will treat the information we collect (including your personal information) as confidential but may disclose it to other persons if:
- you consent;
- disclosure is connected to the purpose for which it was collected (e.g. online applications)
- such information is needed by our agents, advisors or others involved in running accounts and services for you or collecting what may you owe us;
- governmental or other authorities require it;
- the law or public interest permits or requires it;
- it is required by us or others to investigate or prevent crime; or
- we need to provide it to a third party in anticipation of or following a sale, merger of the whole or any part of our business or in the course of a joint venture. We may share the information we gather in an anonymous form (e.g. survey or tracking information which does not identify you) with advertisers and other partners.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages on this website are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may however prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and managerial security processes to protect the information we collect via our website. If your browser is suitably configured, it will advise you whether the information you are sending us will be secure (encrypted) or not secure (unencrypted). If a secure transmission is indicated, we currently use 128 bit SSL encryption.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. We accept no responsibility or liability for the security of information you transmit to us or from our online products and services.
Our website may contain links and banner advertisements to other websites which are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy and Security Statement (‘third party websites’). If you access any third party websites using the links provided, the operators of these third party websites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their privacy and security policies, which may differ from ours. We do not accept any responsibility for any such third party websites, including without limitation for their accuracy, security, the products or services which they offer or for any information which is collected through them. You are responsible for reviewing and abiding by the privacy and security policies and website terms and conditions of any such third party websites.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Privacy and Security Statement as well as your access to our website is subject to and governed by the laws of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and federal laws of the United Arab Emirates as applied in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. Any dispute regarding this Privacy and Security Statement or our handling of information which we collect via this website (including your personal information) is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Abu Dhabi.
Please contact us at the following address if you believe that any information that we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, if you want to change any marketing preferences, or if you have any queries, complaints or recommendations about this Privacy and Security, and we will endeavor to respond to you promptly.
Phone: 800 ADF(233)